Are you coming to GCP Live! in NYC next week?! Well here’s the skinny on what’s going down.
Location: Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden @ 2919 24th Ave, Astoria, NY 11102
Public Transportation: N/W train to Astoria Boulevard, 4 minute walk away. Be aware the trains are sometimes wonky on the weekends and replaced by shuttle buses. Highly suggest Uber/Lyft if you’re staying in Queens.
IMPORTANT: The Beer Garden does not allow any outside food or drinks. They’re psycho about it, so don’t even try to bring water in or they’ll make you throw it out. Sorry to all the bakers out there with fun cookie plans. 🙁
12PM – Registration and Seating
Be sure to bring your ticket bar code to the show so we can scan you in and give you your OFFICIAL GCP Live! badge. Once you’re checked in, we will begin seating you and your party according to the level of the character you’ve brought to the show. Didn’t bring a character? No worries! We’ll have all the pre-gens for both Pathfinder and Starfinder for you to choose from.
12:30PM – Roll Ricka Roll For Initiative!
Once everyone is sat at their tables with their all-star GCP GM, the games will begin. All games will be run as official Pathfinder and Starfinder Society games. If you’d like to have your character receive credit for the game, be sure to register at Paizo.com in advance. (See the handy guide below on how to do that.)
5:30PM – GCP Live!
It’s showtime! Troy, Joe, Skid, Grant and Matthew will be joined by special guests Ellinor DiLorenzo, Ari Rubin and Nick Lowe for one of their classic alternate universe live shows!
7PM – Starfinder Dead Suns Podcast Preview
Get ready to be launched into orbit as everyone in attendance will get an early sneak peek at the next Glass Cannon weekly podcast!
8PM – Champagne Room
We’ll finish out the night in the beer garden with fresh suds and good buds.
Looking to register a character for your GCP Live! Pathfinder or Starfinder Society scenario? Your old buddy Joe made you an easy step by step guide right here. Even if you don’t have a character and/or plan on using a pre-gen, you can still register for an Organized Play # to bring to the show. See you next week!
A Step-by-Step Guide to Registering a Character for Organized Play
- First, create your character and have your character sheet in front of you. Registering an Organized Play character is not the same as creating a character from scratch. You are not making a character sheet through Paizo. You are just registering a character you’ve already made for Organized Play. If you plan on using a pre-gen provided at the event, that’s okay too. You can still follow the steps below.
- Go to http://paizo.com/pathfindersociety and select “Create a Character.” (Note: you can click this same link if you intend to create a Starfinder Society character. You’ll be given the choice to pick Starfinder a little later in the process.)
- If you do not yet have an account on Paizo.com, now’s the time to create one! Select “Create New Account.” If you’ve already used an account to purchase books or pdfs from the Paizo Store, then simply login with your email address and password.
- Once you’ve generated a new Paizo account, or signed into an account where you have not yet registered for Organized Play, look on the right side of the screen and select “Join Organized Play.”
- You should see a new Organized Play ID that’s been generated for you (probably a six-digit number). This number is very important and probably the most important thing that you’ll need at an Organized Play event besides your character sheet and your weighted dice. Make sure you either print it out as a card, save it on your smartphone, or write it down and bring it with you to the event.
- Select “Register a New Pathfinder Society Character” or “Register a New Starfinder Society Character.”
- Now you will enter your character name, select a faction, and begin inputting all of the important data from your character sheet. Once you are finished select “Submit Changes” and your first Pathfinder or Starfinder Society character is born! Don’t worry, you can go back and make changes later when you realize the name you chose sucks.
- Now you should see that there is a unique number next to your character. This is your Organized Play ID with a dash (“-”) and then the number character you created. Your first character will be number 1. So, when you sit down to play at an Organized Play table and are asked your PFS (or SFS) number, write in your six-digit ID, a dash, and the number of the character you are playing. e.g. 866235-1
- For more information on creating a character for Organized Play, the Factions, and all the other details that will help you enjoy your Organized Play experience, download the free Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide, or the Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide.
- Have fun!